Tuesday, 24 August 2010

M.I.A

I know I've been gone for longer than ever before, but I have a really good excuse, promise.

First - the big news - I'm pregnant with our second child - YAY!!! Except, that this little bundle of joy is making me sicker than I ever thought possible. They call it morning sickness, and I'm sure that there are some lucky women out there who only experience the nausea in the mornings. I however have been sick and vomiting 24/7. Everytime I walk past the bathroom, Taz runs after me and asks, "Mommy pook?" Yes thats how bad its been. I have pretty much spent the last 2 months lying on the couch trying not to hurl. Now Taz walks around the house going, "I pook." and then makes gagging noises - so darling and cute isn't she?

My inability to function on any normal level is the reason I just gave up on having any sort of life other than feeling sorry for myself. I am now into my second trimester however and am slowly starting to feel a little more human.

Unfortunately the bigger the baby gets, the more pressure it puts on the fracture in my back and so even though my head and stomach have stopped swimming, the pain in my back an legs is now taking its toll on me. I'm so independent that the inability to do anything for myself is making me crabbier by the day. Poor Mack is having to put up with a lot. Good thing he's already gone through his "torture training" for the military, so we know he can handle it. At least I'm not starving him too.

So thats the news. Hopefully I'll be better at life in general from here on out.

Bring on Feb and the new addition to the family!

5 comments:

the Allers said...

I think I already told you - but congrats again! Pres developed the same terminology when I was pregnant with Ellsie...."Mommy puke?" Then he would pretend to puke. Lovely.

Hang in there. Get your self Sudoku puzzles - that's what I did. HA! The end seems so far, but it will be here in a flash. Let me know if you need any help. We'd love to take little Taz off your hands for a bit!

Jen said...

(((hugs))) You poor thing!! I wish I could make it all better.

Heather Johnson-Family Volley said...

Sorry to hear you have been so sick. Congratulations on the new little one. At least you get something wonderful in the end.

http://familyvolley.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

I'm sorry that you're so miserable! The good thing is that the pregnancy will shrink your brain cells and make you forget the details of the hell you went through!

nicole hill gerulat said...

congratulations, leith! That's fantastic news --I'm sorry you're so sick though --maybe it means you'll have a boy because you didn't react that way with Taz? i'm in town now.. call me! would love to get together when you're feeling better!