Monday, 6 September 2010

Family Photies

Mack's dear mom starts chemotherapy on wednesday for leomyosarcoma. Its a very rare sort of cancer and we were all fairly panicked when she was diagnosed, but fortunately they caught it very early and her prognosis gives us hope. She has been incredibly positive since her diagnosis and has been a source of strength to her whole family while they have been dealing with a reality that no one ever wants to face. Being a naturally whiny type of person, I tend to feel sorry for myself pretty quickly, but Linda's strength has not only surprised me, but endeared her to me in a way that I never really expected. She has also made me more pragmatic about my own health problems I'm dealing with at the moment. Although the hormones are still keeping me pretty darn crazy most of the time.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to take some family pics before the chemo and here they are:

The whole family

The Parents

The Christensens

The Ashleys - Mack's sister just younger than him.

The Gillis' - Mack's second youngest sister

Jenna - the baby sis.

The 4 Siblings

And last but not least, Mack's adorable mother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, shucks!

Jen said...

Great pictures of a beautiful family!