For all those eco friendly greenies out there - I went with a live tree, because I saw a show on TV that said it was the more eco friendly option. For every tree cut down, three are planted in its stead, and once it has lost its luster and becomes only good for one thing, it gets shredded and used for hicking trails and in parks, where eventually it will go the way mother nature intended. I know it was cut down in its prime (or before), but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to allow the tree to make so that I can smell the pine at Christmas.
Friday, 5 December 2008
Oh Christmas Tree
I did it. I went out in the bitter, freezing, biting, disgusting cold and bought a Christmas tree, only to haul it home and find out that it was too big for our Christmas tree stand. I took out our little hack saw and proceeded to do a little work on it and voila - One fully decorated Christmas tree for me to enjoy.
For all those eco friendly greenies out there - I went with a live tree, because I saw a show on TV that said it was the more eco friendly option. For every tree cut down, three are planted in its stead, and once it has lost its luster and becomes only good for one thing, it gets shredded and used for hicking trails and in parks, where eventually it will go the way mother nature intended. I know it was cut down in its prime (or before), but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to allow the tree to make so that I can smell the pine at Christmas.
For all those eco friendly greenies out there - I went with a live tree, because I saw a show on TV that said it was the more eco friendly option. For every tree cut down, three are planted in its stead, and once it has lost its luster and becomes only good for one thing, it gets shredded and used for hicking trails and in parks, where eventually it will go the way mother nature intended. I know it was cut down in its prime (or before), but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to allow the tree to make so that I can smell the pine at Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's beautiful! And honey, I've been using the "eco friendly" excuse for years. As in, "We don't send Christmas cards out because we are trying to be green" (translation: we are cheap and lazy).
you bought a real tree! leithal, i'm so proud of you!
i envy your pine smell; my evergreen-scented candle isn't doing much...
Beautiful tree, and there is even presents under it .... wow! Happy holidays love Mandy
Well I agree, this will be my very frist chrismtas with a cold chistmas AND a real tree!
Post a Comment