Thursday, 11 December 2008

Hours of Fun!

I just bought Tamsine the best toy ever. It was completely by fluke of course. There we were at the supermarket checkout, when she grabbed a small packet of Flamin Hot Crunchy Cheetos. I was just about to grab the bag and put it back on the shelf, when I decided not to. Best 88c I ever spent I tell you. She spent about three hours yesterday, fully committed to her bag of Cheetos. She can't open it of course, but she loves the vibrant colours, the crunchyness of the packet, and the noise it makes when she shakes it around madly.

Now why did I just go out and spend money on educational toys, when I could have just bought her a couple more packets of chips?

3 comments:

Jen said...

I also used to do that! Except I'd eat the chips first because I'm a pig. I started giving him packets to play with (supervised, of course, for all the worrywarts out there) before he could even grasp - I'd put them by his feet and he'd have a ball kicking them.

Unknown said...

Plus most toys are not nearly so delicious :o)

--jeff * said...

i never would have figured a cheetos bag to be a successful child's toy. but, then again, leithal, you tend to break a lot of my presuppositions.

good on ya.