Wednesday, 5 September 2012

New Zealand Day Two

Thursday 9th August: 

One thing I've learned about travelling non-rev internationally is that if you check any bags, they will definitely NOT make it on the same flight as you.  Our first full day in NZ found us without our bags.  Luckily, both Mack and I had packed an extra set of clothes in, but unfortunately I had already gone through all three extra outfits I had packed in for each of the girls.  Jen loaned us some of Noah's clothes for Taz and Heidi just wore dirty clothes.

We had our first look at the famous black sandy beaches of NZ this day.  We were the only people on Karioitahi beach (only tourists go to the beach in the winter right?) and it was stunning.  The wind was whipping around us, but the sand was so soft under our feet and sparkled beautifully in the sun.  Oh and did I mention it was black?  I loved it.  Taz ran around collecting shells.  Little Miss H however wasn't thrilled with the wind.


 





The drive home was beautiful, and we decided to stop off and take a look at the Waitangi Falls.  It was really refreshing to be able to walk around and not have hand rails and warning signs everywhere.  We were just able to enjoy nature.  It was fabulous!




No comments: