Jen and I met before I can even remember and became friends fast. We were inseparable all the way through our teen years and were there for one another through a whole bunch of turmoil. She was always my rock, the one person who got me and I knew I could rely on. Jen got married and soon afterward I decided to go work in England for a few years. I saw her once on a trip back home. Then I moved to the USA to go to school and Jen and her husband moved to England. I saw her once more on a trip to visit my dad in the UK. That was the last time I saw her. Recently I've been feeling a physical need to just get some time with her. Its weird to try and explain it, but I neeeeeeeeded some Jen time.
Jen and her family moved to New Zealand a year ago, so the likelyhood of getting together again was becoming more and more remote. Then lo and behold, I got a job with an airline and realized that with flight benefits it might just be possible. Mack had always wanted to go to NZ and once the tiny seed was planted, it didn't take much to make the trip a reality. So I started picking up an insane number of hrs to ensure I could get the time off I needed, booked our tickets and toted a 4yr old and an 18 month old across the international date line.
We just arrived home from two magical (and very much needed) weeks with Jen and her family. We had an absolutely fantastic time, and just being with Jen, talking to her and reminiscing with her has filled a void in me that has been there for a very long time now.
I can't even begin to describe the amount of love I have for this woman!! Everybody needs a friend like this - even if they have to be half way around the world.
Hamilton Gardens
On the Gondola in Rotorua
North Head Bunker
Lolling at Miranda Hot Springs



2 comments:
I miss you already!!!
You suck!!!!
Ha haahahahaha that is awesome!!!! So glad you got to go. Love the boobie post btw
Post a Comment