My little girl is growing up - awww. She just turned 4, and on a whim one day her father promised her a bouncy castle for her birthday. Now one thing I've realized is that you don't actually promise that little girl anything because she remembers EVERY single promise. So, guess who ended up having a bouncy castle in their backyard this weekend? Mmhmm. Anyway, a bouncy castle is a thing to share so we invited all the kids we know and threw a party for the munchkin. I didn't go to too much trouble - I served hotdogs and chips for food. I made cupcakes in ice-cream cones (so I didn't have cupcake papers all over my house) and just plain old ice water to drink. We threw up a few streamers and blew up some balloons and that was the party. Punkin decided she wanted two turtle cakes this birthday, so I baked two cakes in bowls, made some green rice crispy treats and molded them into flippers and heads and there you have it - turtle cakes. As party favours I made these little turtles for the kids to take home with them out of ice-cream cones, they had candy and a surprise inside and were a total hit. Oh and as a bonus, it took me less than an hour to put my house back together after the guests had left which gave me over an hour to chill before I had to work. Yay!

The cake
The party favour
The bouncy castle
The Munchkin
Blowing out candles

Pilfering gifts
Opening pressies
Putting together her gift from us
What she insisted on wearing the next morning
No comments:
Post a Comment