My little Tazling is growing up so fast. I love it and don't at the same time. She is such a headstrong little creature (now where did she get that gene from, huh?). She has taken to asserting herself with me when I'm trying to discipline her, and sometimes its really hard to keep a straight face. This is how a few of our conversations have gone lately:
Me: No Tamsine, I am the mommy and I say no.
T: Well I am the Tamsine and I say yes!
Me: It doesn't work that way. When the mommy says no, it means no.
T: Well when the Tamsine says yes, it means yes.
( I see her logic.)
Me. The mommy gets to say if its yes or no. And since I am the mommy, its still no.
T: Well the Tamsine still says yes.
Me: No!
T: I say YES!
Invariably these conversations (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer depending on my mood) end with me telling her to go chill in her room and Taz throwing herself on the couch and sobbing hysterically in the hopes that I'll give in.
And generally all I have to say about that is: I'm a red head too my sweetheart, I'm a red head too.
1 comment:
your last comment was pretty much what i was going to say: she sounds like she's your daughter. : )
Post a Comment