Taz was super excited to go trick or treating and was really annoyed that we tried to make her eat a little supper first. I know, how rude of us?
Eventually we hit the streets, but she was already miffed and so would walk up to people, give them her angry eyes and say trick or treat in a very gruff voice, and then say a very sulky thank you.
I sat her down on the pavement and we had a little chat about how people didn't want to give candy to grumpy little girls and that she needed to be happy. She perked right up and ran to the next door. Unfortunately she was wearing her sparkly pink shoes with lights in them and was looking at her feet when she ran, aaaaand didn't see the car right in front of her and ran smack into its boot. I laughed, giggled, chuckled and tried to stifle my amusement. I asked her if she wanted to go home, but she was adamant that her candy bucket wasn't full yet and we should press on. So, instead of having a grumpy trick or treater, I had a little girl that would burst into tears each time the door was opened. Then I'd have to explain that she ran into the back of a car. More giggles and Taz telling me how not funny it was.
Long story short. We had fun and Taz has a bucket full of candy.
1 comment:
your girls look awesome and your parenting stories make me smile.
i dig it all. : )
Post a Comment