Tuesday, 23 June 2009

zzzzzzzzz, Huh!

I've realized, that one year olds are very selfish little people. Oh, and very disobedient.

Take this morning for example. The Taz decided that 5am was a very decent time to wake up. Not so for the rest of the civilized world. Taz however decided that because she was awake everybody within a 20 mile radius should be awake as well, and proceeded to scream and perform at the top of her lungs, till I groggily stumbled into her room. I then asked her very nicely to keep quiet and lie down and go to sleep and not wake again till at least 8am. Did she listen. No. ( I swear I saw the defiance in her eyes.) I asked her again very nicely, this time explaining that her daddy had to get up in an hour and needed this last little bit of sleep. Her reply - a spine chilling, ear piercing, eye popping SCREAM! I then went into full rant mode letting her know how selfish she was and that if her attitude didn't change we were going to have to ship her off to some wilderness training camp to break her spirit and get her in line. Her reply to this, was to slap me in the face.

So instead I just made her a bottle of warm milk, and rocked her back to sleep.

But don't you worry, I'm still the one in charge. Oh yes I am!

2 comments:

--jeff * said...

i'm sure you were such an obedient child...

though she knows the force she does carry, i'm glad you are still in charge.

Jeremy said...

independant woman! It's your genes sister dearest... only yourself to blame.