Because of the whole New Years Resolutions thing NEVER working, I've decided to take a different approach this year. I have decided to invite myself to get healthy and happy. Sounds lovely doesn't it?
I started by going to the doctor to figure out why I feel pain in areas that I don't want to feel pain. I came back from the doctor with a few bottles of medication and a prescription for physical therapy (step 1. to happy). Yay for prescription medication! I then went to visit the dermatologist to get a few moles checked out and removed. Then, I started looking up healthy recipes and actually creating a menu for the week and a shopping list full of veggies and healthy snacks for Mack and I. I also decided to stay away from people and things that annoy me, make me want to punch them, and invoke other such thoughts, ideas and actions in me. I'm also really (REALLY) tired of selfishness and selfish people, so I'm trying to not be selfish and also trying to stay away from selfish people. I'm struggling with the idea, that by eliminating certain things from my life (and thinking only of myself and my own well being while doing so) is to a certain degree - well - selfish. But, I figure that in my quest for my very own version of a zen like life, I will have to be a little selfish and I shouldn't beat myself up about it. And, last but not least, I started an exercise routine (which I've already fallen off, and climbed back on a few times).
Also, I'm not giving myself a time frame to achieve this healthy happy state, and I'm not going to be hard on myself if I do occasionally fall off the wagon. My goal is to just keep climbing back on and moving forward. At whatever pace feels good to me in the moment.
3 comments:
Well done, you! I think real selfishness is self-centered to teh exclusion of how anyone else feels. So I don't think that your taking care of yourself is selfish, I think it's responsible. Your family will benefit from a happier, healthier you.
I applaud your resolution . . . you are always such a good example to me. If you want a really good relaxing cleanse, you should come over sometime for a yoga session. I'll even make you a yummy vegan lunch afterward. Do you think we can get our kiddies to cooperate?
That would be fantastic. Your kid would definitely cooperate. My kid...ummm.
Post a Comment