Monday, 6 October 2008

Rain, Rain

Rain, Rain, go away come again another day!

We used to chant this little ditty when we were kids, and funny enough I found myself repeating this over and over again this weekend. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love a good rainy day. A day where I can snuggle under a warm blanket with my hands wrapped around a mug of something steamy and delish. A day where I don't feel guilty watching cheesy chick flick after cheesy chick flick, or even (dare I say it) the Hallmark channel.

The rain this weekend however did not find me snuggling under a blanket. Instead it found me anxiously chanting the above rhyme as some sort of mantra. You see, the rain this weekend earmarked the beginning of winter here, and I am really - REALLY - not ready for another Utah winter. The snow is very pretty - on TV!

This winter brings a new set of obstacles for me too. This winter I get to experience lugging a car seat over ice and snow with a 20lb infant inside and learning how to use the snot suction device in the little baby first aid kit as my child gets sick and cranky for the first time. Oh the joys that are swirling around in my mind at the moment.

So you see, when I chant - Rain, rain, go away, come again another day, I'm chanting it almost as a prayer. I'm just not ready yet. I need more strength!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Rain and snow are blessings. Without them we'd die.

Dee said...

Oh dear, I hope it hold off for a bit. As you are nursing, thankfully the chances are much less that she will get sick. Here's hoping.

Nicole said...

As an Arizona native I am right there with you! I love the fall but the threat of winter is looming in the back of my mind. I still shudder when I think of how LONG the last one was! Doesn't southern california sound nice?