Friday, 26 September 2008

Purple Pointers

This post might be a bit graphic for some, but I figure if I can write it, you can read it.

I have a yeast infection in my boobs. Its true - who knew it was possible. Anybody that might have experienced such an infection would know how excruciatingly painful it is - especially when you have a munchkin chomping on your nipples multiple times a day. I have tried numerous creams, homeopathic remedies and supplements, but all to no avail. When in Mexico, Tamsine developed the same infection in her mouth. We were told a good dosing of Gentian Violet would cure the infection. It worked as they said, and did a bang up job of clearing her mouth, which helped her feel better and enjoy herself a little more.

Anyway, after not having any luck with prescription creams or ointments, I decided that perhaps I should try this purple wonder dye on my aforementioned affected area. There I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror with bright purple nipples staring back at me. I have often had to tell certain ungentlemanly type people that "they're not alive,they don't talk back", so it was really strange standing there, having my bosoms take on an expression (or so it seemed). I just knew that if I looked away from the mirror, they would blink at me.

Eventually I was able to pack my little purple pointers away, but in my minds eye, I still see them staring at me, and every now and then the cheeky little monkeys dare to wink!

6 comments:

Jen said...

OOOOOWWWWWWIE!!! I feel your pain. And yes, it is excruciating. I am cringing remembering that moment of latch-on / let-down OUCH. Hope your boobs clear up as quickly as her mouth did!

--jeff * said...

leithal. only you can write a post like this and get away with it.

i hope you feel better soon.

Dee said...

Sorry, I am not cringing or feeling your pain. I'm laughing. Oh I do feel for you, make no mistake, but the way you write it is so entertaining.

I'm sure you've had a million of these, but... did you try Daktarin? I had the same thing with Miss P and they gave me Daktarin for her mouth so I figured, hey if it works for her, it'll work for me. And it did.

Hope it clears up soon, as if child birth is not enough, then we endure nursing as well! We are suckers.

Nicole said...

This is only hilarious because I wasn't able to breastfeed my last two babies and the memory of the pain has diminshed over time! I was so glad you guys hung out with us on Friday. How are you holding up without Mac?

Us said...

Leith.....I know how you feel! I had the same thing about two months ago. I had to use the gentian violet on my son FOUR different sessions of three days each before it kicked it! Luckily I never had to apply it to myself though! The cream took care of it for me. But OW!

Anonymous said...

Can sympathise,had similar problems with Morgan - that a little baby can do so much damage to your nipples!!! Needless to say breastfeeding lasted 2 weeks! Keep those purple pointers purky! cheers Mandy