I had another checkup today, and was given a very enthusiastic thumbs up with everything. The Tazlings heart rate was really strong and she behaved herself this time and didn't kick anything. My blood pressure is great and apparently there is nothing abnormal in my pee - thank goodness!
I asked the doctor if there was anything I could do besides putting my feet up to help with the swelling in my feet. He went into this long explanation about water retention and how putting my feet up isn't going to reduce the amount of water I'm retaining. He said that whatever I'm doing its just going to drain to the lowest point of my body, so if I lie with my feet up, it just means the water will drain into my butt. To which I replied, "Yes, but my butt is used to being that size, my feet aren't!"
2 comments:
LOL good one. I fuond the only thing that helped was putting on tightly-laced shoes first thing in the morning and leaving them on. It stopped the painful swelling in my feet - unfortunately, doesn't help with the ankles. Besides, that was October / November. Not sure I'd be wearing laced up shoes in hot weather.
Oh you make me laugh so much :) I can't wait for Taz to come out, as I'm sure you can't wait either!
Post a Comment