As my body has expanded I have just become more and more uncomfortable in my own skin. I don't sleep well at night cause rolling over in bed is an all muscle participant sport now. My feet and ankles are starting to swell. My belly gets in the way when I'm sitting down. I can't bend over to pick things up. And, I find that waddling is easier than actual walking, because if I waddle I get my whole body momentum moving me forward (not to mention then my thighs don't rub together). I have pain in my knees and ankles. Walking too much makes me tired, and worst of all I don't have a thing in my wardrobe that actually makes me feel cute, cause everything I have to wear now is the size of a house.
My musing is thus - How can so many people in the world be morbidly obese when it is so stinking uncomfortable? I think pregnancy has cured me of ever getting bulky. I just don't like the feeling.
2 comments:
I feel for ya, hon. When I was pg with Noah, I told Grant to pick Daniel (age 3) up. I then placed two big sacks of sugar on top of him and told him to crouch down and up a couple of times as if he was putting a load of laundry in or picking stuff up. Grant was like, "What are you doing, this is really heavy, my legs are hurting" and then he was a little more sympathetic when I told him that was how much extra weight I was carrying around.
Sorry, spelt your name wrong in my last comment, I repent. You know, I never believed I waddled while I was pregnant until I watched my birth video of me arriving at the hospital, I was horrified to observe my very pronounced waddle. Ah, but it's all worth it in the end.
Post a Comment