Stan is Mack's new car. He fell in love with the little Toyota Yaris the first time he laid eyes on one about two years ago in South Africa. The day he found out that you could buy them in the States, was the day his internal yearnings started, and a week ago his internal yearnings became an obsession.
He took advantage of my decreased capacities last Saturday as I lay on the couch with bronchitis, and went for a "test drive", which turned into true love, which turned into Stanley becoming a permanent member of the family. I have never seen Mack so obsessed with a car before. I believe he would sleep in the garage with Stan if it weren't so stinking cold at the moment. He even bought mats for the garage, so we can wipe our feet clean before getting into Stan. See what I mean when I say obsession.
Anyway. This is how our little Yaris got its name. Jeremy and I believe that different cars have various personalities (at least some of them do), and that if they're cool enough to have a personality, then they should also have a name. Well when Mack took me for my first drive in our new little edition, I asked him what he wanted to name his car. The first thing that popped into both our minds, was the image of a smaller balding guy trying to overcompensate for having small man syndrome, the kind of small man that really would do a combover, but realizes just how ridiculous that is, so instead grows a handle bar mustache. Stanley.
1 comment:
It's too precious!!!!!
I understand the obsession... now if only certain people would help me out so that I could be so obsessed... and be able to park in the garage at night!
Post a Comment