Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Update

Well what is there to tell? Not much. Life is pretty much in a very ho hum sort of place at the moment. Nothing spectacular happening. We're all feeling rather glum and moody due to the immense amount of snow, ice and cold thats been inhabiting these parts. Yesterday at work we were all saying how much we missed the sun. And believe me, for a little girl from Africa who is used to sun at this time of year, life is more than just a little bleak at the moment.

I've been growing steadily bigger - my belly as well as my newly enlarged behind. I'll post a belly picture soon so all can see.

Oh, I got mack to cut my hair. He was really nervous, but I bullied him into it. It was at the longest I've ever had it, and was getting really tatty and disgusting. This is the day before I cut about 10 inches off.


It really feels so much better, and my curl is coming back.

What else - oh yes, we have decided that the cat needs to go through a stringent training process. Even Mack got tired of being woken up at 2am everyday so the cat could beg for food. I did a bit of internet reading (bless the internet) and realized that our little kitty had become one of the obnoxious kind and needed intervention. So off Mack and I went to the shops and purchased two squirt bottles. We filled them up, put one on each bedside table and went to bed. At this point I got cold feet. I couldn't torture my poor kitty by spraying water in her face. That just seemed really cruel to me. So, I told Mack that he would have to do the first squirt. Luckily she jumped on the bed right by his face and he delighted in flourishing his bottle and shot her on the nose. Phoebe was quite shocked, but it did the trick. After I realized how effective this training method was, I didn't feel quite so torturous after she jumped on me. I squirted away. 3am came around and all I had to do was reach for the bottle and she bolted. She has been the most well behaved cat this morning. Oh Joy! Now if this method works on the baby I figure we'll be fantastic parents.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny about Phoebe. It reminds me of my nephew Ethan--he's about 6--who was visiting Mom and Dad Johnson over Christmas break, who sat really close to the dog holding a squirt bottle, hoping he would do something bad so he could squirt him.

Andi said...

10 inches! Way to go. I love how you say it was getting 'tatty'. I think I'm going to start using that word in my vocabulary. Our pooch is 3 years old now and we still keep a squirt bottle handy. Oh yes you better believe it. Haven't had to try it on Jack yet. I'll keep you posted.