The reason I haven't written anything lately, is that there isn't much to write. My day pretty much goes like this:
1. I Wake up with the cat sitting on my chest, her nose touching my nose, and her diesel engine like purr resonating through my body. As soon as I crack an eye, she begins her plaintive mewing which sounds suspiciously like she's saying - me, me, me, me, me. Did I mention that this usually takes place anywhere between 3:30 and 5:30 AM!!!!!! Did I also mention that Mack can sleep through ANYTHING!
2. I Kick the cat out of the room and try to sleep for the last 1-3 hours of the morning, except that I'm a light sleeper and usually can't get back into the fabulous deep dreamy sleep I was in, so instead I silently curse the cat and any other living thing that has ever woken me before I should have been awakened in my whole entire life.
3. I Wake up again with Mack's alarm going off.
4. I Roll over and whine a little.
5. I Drag myself out of bed 10 to 30 minutes later than I should have gotten up, due to lack of REM sleep. I walk over to the bathroom and scream, then realize that I was just looking at myself in the mirror.
6. I ready myself for work while listening to Phoebe going "me, me, me, me", and trying not to stand on her as she weaves in and out of my legs.
7. I Brace myself for the ice and snow and try not to land up on my butt walking to the garage.
8. I Drive to work while eating my breakfast of Rice Krispies out of a tupperware bowl with a plastic spoon. I usually lower the bowl when I near a police car.
9. I Get to work (usually 15-30 min late).
10. I work for 5 min. Then wander around the office looking for a snack. I devour the snack. Then, begin looking for my next snack. Not satisfied after my snack, I walk (through the freezing cold, thats how desperate I am) to the local bagel shop and buy a bagel with strawberry schmear. Then, I watch the clock wondering why lunch time is so far away.
11. Around noonish I eat my lunch, then feel like a pig. I lean back in my chair and think I ought to undo a button or two on my jeans, then remember that I'm wearing preggie pants which expand with my waistline. I bless the preggie pants.
12. I Actually get some work done, then watch the clock wondering why 5 O'clock is so far away. I eat another snack.
13. I drive home while singing to the radio.
14. When I get home I head straight for the fridge. I Eat something, then I cook dinner and eat all over again. Excuse me, you would eat this much too if you were creating body parts in your belly.
15. After dinner I lie on the couch like a beached whale. I try to interact with the cat, but she finds Mack much more fascinating. Mack and I chat about our day. I sleep through the next few hours of TV only to awake to find Phoebe stretched out on top of me with her belly bared for all to scratch, purring. I scratch her belly. She bites my hand.
16. I play with Phoebe for a while, making her chase this ball and string thing. My goal is to tire her out so she'll sleep longer. I merely succeed in tiring myself out.
17. I stagger down the passage and flop into bed. I cuddle with Mack and fall into a deep sleep.
18. It starts all over again.
4 comments:
"I drive to work while eating my breakfast of Rice Krispies out of a tupperware bowl with a plastic spoon. I usually lower the bowl when I near a police car." That, right there. That is why I was more terrified for my life on Utah roads than when I'm in downtown DC. Bloody immigrants ;)
Oh, and can't we all just wear preggie pants all the time? I'm in favor of that.
Xarissa, in my sister's defence, she's used to dodging the taxi's etc back home, with that kind of chaos, we're pretty much ready for anything. My other half regularly has to down a few just to get over the mountain and he's British. Hope that clears a bit up?
Leith: ARE YOU BLOODY MAD!!!!! as hilarious as the story may be, i can't believe you've turned into one of "those" drivers that I always tried to drive into just to get a reaction out of on the way to work! tut tut tut!
I remember the pain of being a pregnant woman at work..... especially being stranded in the bathroom for awkwardly long periods.
I just have to wonder, will it be better or worse if I do it a second time staying at home with a toddler?
you only get hungrier breastfeeding!!
and don't worry leith - only those who eat their cereal while driving understand how it can be done safely.
except the amount of times i have spilled the whole bowl on the seat or floor while i have been rushing to get into the car makes me think it is is just not worth it anymore.,,,arrh now we have leather.. whohooooo
Post a Comment