Monday, 13 August 2007

The Wedding

Nicole's wedding was Saturday afternoon. Knowing how flamboyant Nicole is, we were expecting something just a little different and weren't disappointed. The wedding was held in a charming house in South Riding, VA. It started out with three young girls singing a really nice rendition of "Fly me to the moon". Nicole walked down the stairs (rather stiff and nervous) in a beige satin gown and henna tattooed hands. Her groom walked down a flight of stairs on the opposite side of the house, where the two met in the middle on a landing.
The ceremony was short and sweet and exactly how I like them. When Nicole was asked if she took this man, her reply was a resounding "hell yes!".

After the ceremony the guests were treated to a high tea, complete with rooibos tea, scones, jam and clotted cream. Hmmmm, yummy. Mom and I ate far too much - also just the way I like receptions to be.





I fell in love with the quaint little houses in South Riding and wanted to take a picture of them, but I didn't want the owners to get freaked out that I was taking a picture of their house (you know how people can be sometimes), so I faked like I was taking a picture of my mom. But, just look at these cute little houses.



No comments: