Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Tazism

My child slays me. She really does.

Every night before bed she has a wee wee, and every night before bed I ask her if she wiped, and she nods her head in confirmation. So, last night I told her to go do her nightly before bed tinkle, and off she toddled and had her pee. Now I usually wait for her in her room, but for some reason I needed to put something in the bathroom and so walked in as she was jumping off the loo. I reminded her to wipe, and she proceeded to take her hand and wipe her bits. I realized that every time she's gone to the loo by herself, she'd been using her hand to wipe. (Dry heave and gag!). I promptly washed her hand and then reminded her that she needed to use the toilet paper to wipe her bits not her hand (once again, dry heave and gag).

Where she got the idea that her hand was the appropriate thing to use to wipe with I have NO idea. Anyway, Little miss H is at that age where she likes to unroll an entire roll of toilet paper if left on the toilet roll holder, so we keep the roll of toilet paper on the counter in the bathroom right now.

Tonight, I told Taz to have her wee before bed, and reminded her that she needed to use the toilet paper to wipe with and not her hand. And when I went in to check on her, she had the entire roll of toilet paper in her hand and was wiping the ENTIRE roll back and forth over her bits.

At least she was being obedient right? It was so funny to watch her, I'm still chuckling to myself.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So funny, but EWWW! Did you not cover wiping during potty training? Has she just forgotten or something?

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I'm crying right now. Hilarious! My kids are at those stages right now, so I completely commiserate :)