Whenever I'm out and about with my two munchkins, wherever I go, people stop me and comment on how gorgeous they are. Our trip to Disneyland was a non-stop commentary on the two of them. Especially Heidi with her adorable little smile (Taz was throwing a few tantrums, so the comments directed at her weren't as profuse as I'm used to.) Even the flight attendant on our trip home kept coming by and giving us extra snacks because of the girls. Her exact comment about Heidi was, "Oh my word, she is just faaab-ulous."
According to my mother, the same thing happend to her when I was a baby.
Now I'm a proud mother and agree completely with every positive and adorable comment made about my kids, but I also know that every mother feels the exact same way about the adorableness of their own children, and rightly so.
I'm thinking that its the hair. People see Taz's bright Auburn curls and don't see anything else. Little Miss H's hair is also just a gorgeous shade of orange at the moment. When the three of us are out, I think people are just bombarded by a triple whammy of redness and it stuns them.
I'm wondering if the hair wasn't so standy outy if we would still get these comments.
3 comments:
Your kids are adorable, but my own experience, gingers get a lot of attention. You should still feel proud!
you'd still be as fabulous!!!
It's not only the hair, it's the eyes, and the smiles, and the cute comments, and the pink sparkly shoes! Your girls would inspire adoration no matter what color their hair was!
Post a Comment