Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Smells Like Puke

My house smells like puke!

Last night as we were putting the munchkin to bed, she climbed on my lap, held her hands over her mouth and said, "Mommy, I pook." I thought she just needed to burp, so I told her to go ahead, and that it was okay. The next thing I knew I was covered in vomit. I cleaned both of us up, only to be puked on again, and then again. After that we got wise and took her to the bathroom to puke in the loo.

She was so tired the poor thing that she fell asleep almost immediately when we put her down, but woke up a few hours later to throw up a little more. That is pretty much how my night went. She threw up 8 times over the course of the night. Eventually at around 5am, she asked for a glass of water. I held it for her thinking I would just let her sip it slowly, but as I held it to her lips, she grabbed the glass and chugged the water like a crazed woman. The child was so dehydrated it broke my heart. Alas, that too was spewed a few minutes later (into my lap). And for the next two hours she whimpered and sobbed about wanting water, juice, powerade, whatever she could think of. Eventually at about 7am, I gave her a few sips of pedialyte. When she held that down for 30 min , I gave her a little more, 10 min later I gave her a little more until eventually she had had enough. Finally at about 9:30am we both collapsed into bed for a well deserved rest.

Why am I telling you this? Because my house still smells like puke.

4 comments:

Jen said...

You poor thing! {{{hugs}}} to both of you. Hope she's feeling much better and that you don't get it (if it's a bug).

Danielle Smith said...

I hate the stomach flu!! Poor you and poor munchkin!

Unknown said...

Poor girl, and poor mommy! We went through bout of sickness last week (not puking thank goodness) and it is no fun to get zero sleep and to worry about little ones. Good luck and I hope it doesn't last long!

--jeff * said...

leithal, i love you and your style. i seriously miss you.

and i hope that you archive this post to show taz what you told the world when she's 16.