Monday, 4 January 2010

Christmas 2009

Darren and Al have finally moved into their new house, so we spent Christmas with them this year. Darren was scheduled to fly Christmas day, so we postponed Christmas eve to the 26th and Christmas morning to the 27th. Christmas eve we made a lovely roast leg of lamb, little roast potatoes, grilled asparagus, sweet carrots and sparkling grape juice. We set the table with Christmas crackers and festive serviettes, and wore our party hats throughout the supper. If it weren't for the snow outside and the lack of the youngest sibling, it would have felt like Christmas in South Africa. (Germy you were missed bokkie.) I really miss summer Christmases. Anyway, I digress. The food was so delicious that we all ate far too much and decided to forgo dessert (which was a good thing cause we had forgotten to make it), besides there were so many sweet things around anyway that my thighs started expanding just smelling their caloric goodness.

Tamsine was really funny opening her presents. She loved ripping the paper off, and at one point I think I even saw her using her teeth to get to the gift inside. Proud mothering moment.


Allyson usually refuses to pose for pictures. I think she was reveling in the Christmas spirit when she allowed me to snap this one.


Ethan is very into his Star Wars this year, and was so excited when he unwrapped this little gem. Just look at this smile.

And, Darren was just happy to be home with the family.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Missed you guys!!!

xxx

Jen said...

Glad you had a good one. I had to laugh when you said you miss Christmas in summer - that's one thing I'm really NOT looking forward to in NZ! It just feels more Christmassy in the winter!

Andi said...

Hey Leith,
It was so fun to see you guys over the Holidays. In all of the craziness I didn't get a chance to thank you for the Christmas bread and jam. It is of course long gone in our tummies by now. Thanks so much for thinking of us.

--jeff * said...

didn't want to have dinner because your forgot to make it anyway... i love it!

glad to hear that it was a good time. i enjoyed the picture of taz.