Monday, 18 May 2009

Figured It Out

I've been wondering about Tamsine and her screaming fits when we put her down for bed. It just didn't make sense that she would go down for her naps no problem, but that she would scream at night.

I've been wondering if it had something to do with the darkness. We always have a nightlight on, but her room is still pretty dark. So, tonight I put a single bulb lamp in her room which gave her a little more light, but still kept the room dim enough for her to know that its night.

AND, lo and behold.......NO TANTRUM!!!!! My little girl is afraid of the dark. That's why she's been freaking out at night. Poor kid. I feel so bad. But at least we figured it out and now we can both relax.

3 comments:

j cubed said...

YEAH!!! I'm glad you figured it out. I miss you so much!

--jeff * said...

where's the emoticon for a dearly sympathetic face?

poor girl.... i'm glad you got it solved, and that you can both rest (yes, i realize that's nearly identical to the last line you wrote, and it was almost word-for-word when i first wrote it).

i'm happy for you all.

Jeremy said...

that's too cute. Poor thing. xxx