Friday, 24 April 2009

Sweet New Ride

As summer approaches and the days begin to warm, I have been overcome with the need to get out into the sunshine and capitalize on the great weather. I seem to suffer from seasonal dysfunctional disorder here and go into a complete depression during the last few months of winter in Utah (which feels like about 9, maybe 10 months of the year).

Anyway, I have always enjoyed a nice bike ride or two. You know the kind - the ones where the wind is always in your favour and there are no uphills anywhere to be seen. Yip thats my kind of bike ride. But, this year so far I have been unable to follow my whim of biking around my parking lot a couple of times because of the dear munchkin.

I started researching bike seats versus bike trailers (which I have found are hellishly expensive). I found the perfet bike seat for the little missy, one where I can talk to her, where she is safe, where she doesn't throw my center of balance off, where she doesn't have to look at my wobbling butt the whole ride, and where I can see if she's uncomfortable or not.

So to make a long story short - meet Tamsine's new ibert. Even though the weather wasn't the best today, we had to take it for a test run. She LOVED it.

So come on summer, Taz and I have some serious biking to do - I might even try a slight incline or two!

Taz all kitted out and ready to go!

Virgin voyage of the ibert.

Of course we had to stop off in the park so that..ummm, both my kids could play on the swings a bit.


Just look at that happy little face!

3 comments:

--jeff * said...

that's pretty awesome. your typing seems to suggest that you have an equally big smile on your face...

Em said...

Doesn't being comfortable outdoors make a world of difference?! Do not move to the NE US. In addition to the cold we are overcast straight through Dec-March. Ugh.

Jen said...

That is awesome! It's fabulous up front like that - I've only ever seen the seats that go behind.

Is that your neighbourhood? It looks nice - I'd love to see pictures of your house and yard!