Thursday, 5 February 2009
Passport Pleasure
I renewed my SA passport at the consul in LA. It took 45 min in and out. I'm still amazed. Anybody who has ever had to get a passport in SA will understand what a pleasure only 45 min really is. I walked in, the consul people were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and efficient. No lines and lines and lines of people, no rank body odor, no stale fish and chip smell, no blank stares when you ask a question, no being sent from person to person, from line to line to get your question answered, only to give up asking the question because it will never get answered and you actually want to go home some time that day. No being squished on a dirty bench between to Ha-uge native woman having a conversation at the top of their lungs. I could go on, but eventually my fingers will get tired. I'll leave it at this - LA you will always be my passport renewal haven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
congrats on being legal.
i think we were in l.a. at the same time...
I feel ya, I feel ya.
Post a Comment