My life is amusing when I think about it after things have happened, but a little less than amusing while things are happening.
We still have a cat. Unfortunately. I am a sucker and can't say no, and so now we still have a cat. And, to make matters worse, Tamsine and Phoebe are fast becoming friends. (How am I supposed to get rid of the cat then?)
Let me entertain you with the latest bout of "fun" that Phoebe has brought into our lives.
Its been snowing ALOT lately. Phoebe enjoys using her little cat door and going outside to play around a bit, but she is not a fan of the snow and cold so has been staying in doors over the last few days. This makes for one really bored feline. But, she is a resourceful cat and I didn't fear that soon she would find something to occupy herself. Alas I was right. The snow, brought with it, not only a bored feline, but a bunch of stupid little birds (who did not fly south for the winter) sheltering from the snow on our porch. It didn't take Phoebe long to notice these stupid little creatures, or for her natural predatory instincts to kick in. The first time she noticed them, I was watching and silently chuckiling to myself as she stalked them from inside the house while peering through our sliding glass door. My silent chuckiling turned into full bellied laughter as she pounced - right into the sliding glass door. The perplexity on her face was fanatastic.
Now Phoebe is anything but stupid, and realized quickly that pouncing into a wall of glass would not bring her closer to her prey. She very, very quickly realized that she could stalk the stupid little birds from the comfort of the house, and if she waited paitiently enough, soon one of them would come into the vicinity of her little cat flap. As soon as it did so, she darted out of the flap and you guessed it, caught one of the little feathered idiots. What I didn't anticipate was that just as quickly as she darted out, she darted straight back in with the wildly flapping twit(ter) locked in her jaws.
I completely freaked out. Mack fell off the couch laughing. Eventually we rescued the little bird and put it in a shoe box. The bird sat there for a while, pooped, and keeled over. I was not amused, and so made Mack clean and disinfect every area that was touched by the bird. Phoebe was most upset that we removed her toy, and spent the next three hours looking for her bird around the house.
I had finally gotten over the incident, and was in the middle of regaling my family with the story of the bird snatcher, when Phoebe strutted passed us with another wildly flapping birdie in her mouth.
Now Phoebe wears a little jingle bell around her neck. Annoying, but far more hygenic. And, for the first time, Phoebe is the one thats not amused. Justice!
3 comments:
SUPERB! What a great story, and so amusingly told. I can just hear you laughing and picture your freak-out.
Sorry, but that is TOO amusing when you write it out! One time a pigeon got into my house and I had to rescue it from my two little dogs so I feel your pain!
ROTFLOL! Fantastic, I hope the bell works.
Post a Comment