I guess you've noticed my lack of posts recently. Well that's because for the last three weeks I've been a single parent. Mack was on military training where he couldn't contact us for the full three weeks. Let me tell you, I have new respect for single parents. I am so grateful that Mack is back safely, that he missed us (the thrill of action runs strong in that man's blood), and that I now have someone to hold and occupy Tamsine when I have a potty emergency. Whew.
Thankfully, and with all my appreciation, Mack's sister Sara was able to help out while I was at work. Sara is 8 1/2 months pregnant, so you have to know what a trooper she is, lugging Taz around with her for three days.
We met Mack at the airport last night, and Taz was wearing a shirt that said. "I love Daddy". It was really cute, and when she saw Mack, she gave him the hugest smile, then got all shy and hid her head in my shoulder. My heart just melted and so did Mack's. Man we have an adorable child.
Its good to have you home honey - single parenting is for the birds!
2 comments:
Oh I totally agree. I don't think I'd have managed three weeks very well. I barely handle one week, WITH regular phonecalls!
I barely make it the 10 hours during the day... and I still call Leif. Good for you Leith! I'm glad he's home safe. I hope he didn't come home too black and blue.
Post a Comment