How can something so small, take up so much time? That is my question. I feel like I get nothing constructive done on any given day. And when I say nothing, I mean a big, fat, NOTHING!!
Tamsine is still on a 3hr feeding routine. Let me break those 3hrs down for you:
1st hr - sitting on the couch feeding and burping her.
2nd hr - sitting on the couch trying to rock her to sleep, giving up, letting her kick while lying on the floor, then eventually getting her to sleep.
3rd hr - Taz and I both completely conked out trying to get any sleep we can.
And then it starts all over again - woohoo.
Here are a few things about myself right now: -
* My new daily wardrobe consists of me wearing my underwear the whole day, and then throwing on a t-shirt and stretchy pants just before Mack comes home from work.
* My brain is completely fried, so if you call and leave a message expecting me to call back, its most probably never going to happen.
* I still feel like I should be a contributing member of society - more fool me.
* I have about 20lbs of baby weight to lose, and am very depressed that I don't fit into my normal pants yet - fat pants, its just you and me again today.
* My newest hobby is sitting for hours staring at the cuteness that is my child.
* I have found out that I'm not really good at typing with one hand, and that I get bored and invariably give up, hence the lack of posts.
And that's all for now.
4 comments:
And that's why I haven't called yet - I don't want to interrupt any precious sleep you might be getting! Hang in there, babe. I know when you're in it that it feels like this is your life now and it will be like this forever, even if you know logically that it won't. It really won't - it gets easier and it gets more fun, promise!
And then they turn 2 and you want to kill them.
Love ya.
Please see the link below - you won't feel so alone/lazy and very justified in your tiredness!
http://theallers.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-day.html
Oh Leith, this all sounds right on target! You will laugh when you look back at this post, but till then just endure. Your fat pants will be gone in a few weeks, and you will find sleep again one day. I love you, give Taz a big squeeze for me.
I cracked up when I read your post. I'm not laughing at you- just relating- and laughing sounds better than crying. I'm a little jealous. Hyrum never has made it to a 3 hour eating schedule. He's STILL on a 2 - 2 1/2 hour schedule. Some days I think I'll go crazy. Things really do get better though- even if they don't space out their eating. Hang in there!! Just wait until about ... week 16!! That was our amazing turning point for sleep.
Post a Comment