Wednesday, 23 July 2008
Baby on Back
Back home black women use a towel or other fabric to tie their babies on their backs, so they can do the work they need to do. I read somewhere that due to the closeness the babies have with their mothers while young, they develop better than children who are more separated from their mothers. I always said that when I had kids, I would follow suit - mainly to have my hands free. (The Black women back home also carry stuff on their heads, which is something I have tried on numerous occasions but to no avail - it makes me really jealous.)
Anyway, I was just waiting for Tamsine to develop neck muscles, and then I was going to start tying her on my back to do my house work etc. But, the other day I saw a woman with her baby just chillin in a sling kind of like a kangaroo. I stopped her and asked her about the sling - she said it was fabulous and would recommend it to anyone. So, I went online and used some giftcards that I had to order one. It arrived yesterday, and this morning Tamsine hung out in her new sling while I did my housework, it was so much better than tying my baby on my back cause I could see her and talk to her, but it still allowed my hands to be free. And, best of all - its totally stylish. Yay to my new Peanut Shell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
okay, that is way too cute. I'm definitely going to have to get one of those!
Great photo!
Okay, this is the site I found this evening when I googled your name. I have no idea where to find contact info, so I'm posting on a comment. You look fantastic, by the way. Cute family!
This is Travis from the BYU film program, and I have a CD of yours from our documentary project that I need to mail back to you. Would you mind emailing me at travissutton@comcast.net??
Wow. Your hair cut really makes you look different.
I am so glad you are wearing your baby. Sid LOVES to be held, so that is all i do, hold him, carry him. maybe you will be totally happy with your peanut shell forever, but i found that I needed something different as sid grew.
when he was young the one he liked the best was the moby wrap http://www.mobywrap.com/.see how to use on utube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CamfWi0cEU8
they say you can use the moby for toddlers too, but it was not supportive enough for a heavy wriggly baby.
the absolute best one, that i use now is the Ergo carrier. http://www.ergobabycarriers.com/
i carry him on the front mostly, but when i need to get things done around the house i carry him on the back. this carrier is amazing. I have done hours and hours of research and trying on stuff in shops... this one is the best for Sid and I. just thought i would share it with you.
Hey Leith, I have tagged you, read my latest post to find out more.
BTW, your hair looks fantastic!
Nice product plug. It was good to see you guys and little Taz this weekend. In case you're interested, our blog address changed a bit: web.me.com/hyldahlfamily. See you guys soon
way cool. i may have to get one for my upcoming nephew.
details will follow.
Post a Comment