Wednesday, 7 May 2008

Pork Sausage Toes, Cankles and Dents

I must write a disclaimer at the beginning of this post. If you are in anyway squimish - look away now!

This is what my feet have evolved into over the last couple of days. I still can't believe that they actually belong to me. I have a hard time recognising them as feet at all. And, I must admit that I lament the loss of what used to be my ankles. I will never take them for granted again.



I was showing the girls at work how deep I can stick my finger into my poor swollen ankle, when one of the guys walked in, took one look at my foot and proclaimed, "whoa, you're dented!"

And its true, just take a look at this:



(Jeremy this post is for you - now stop laughing. I know I have granny feet right now, but the doctor promises me they will go back to normal eventually, one day.)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Ow, I feel for you. My legs looked like that after the 12 hour flight to and from Cape Town when I was 24 and 28 weeks pg respectively. Not fun!! Just a warning, which you may not want to hear - for a day or two after I had each of my boys I swelled up even worse - not sure what that was about but I was not impressed, considering I'd just given birth and all that pregnancy hoo-ha was supposed to be over! I was so thrilled to be done with pg that after I had Daniel I lay grinning on the delivery table going, "I'm not pregnant anymore!" in glee. And then the swelling. Aye.

Anonymous said...

I honestly thought you were exagerating... just a little... but oh my goodness, i'll never think that ever again. And I'm not laughing, chuckling maybe, but with love. xxx

Kenyon, Michelle & Brandon said...

You're a trooper, Leith. Hang in there!

the Allers said...

Oh honey - mine were the same way. AND they got worse AFTER I had him. Guess its flip flops from here on out....Sorry kiddo!