I was really grateful that nothing major was wrong with the car (even though it still cost enough to make a considerable dent in my bank account), and even more grateful that I was fine, and that my bump was uninjured. Although Taz really enjoyed the adrenaline rush, cause she was kickboxing inside me the rest of the day and well into the night. I finally had to have a little chat with her when she decided my bladder was the perfect boxing bag. She's going to be feisty this one!
Friday, 4 April 2008
Towed Away
Monday's commute to work was a nightmare. It had snowed over night and the snow had slightly melted and then frozen again into a solid sheet of ice over the whole road. I passed quite a few hairy accidents on my commute, and was trying to drive ever so carefully. I pulled off the freeway and was driving down a side street when the cars in front of me started to slide. Three cars pulled in various directions. I was driving our old car and only have 3rd party insurance on it. I knew that If I rearended one of those cars, my car would be toast. So instead, I cranked my wheel around and hoped to spin my car and slide gently to the side of the road. Instead, my back tire hit a bigger piece of ice, whipped me the other way, and the next thing I knew I had ramped the pavement and had damaged my one wheel. I tried driving the car, but it was impossible. So, I called Mack's dad Jon (who was close by) and he came to my rescue and helped me call a tow truck and waited with me till Mack arrived. So much adrenaline had pumped through me I was shaking uncontrolably.
I was really grateful that nothing major was wrong with the car (even though it still cost enough to make a considerable dent in my bank account), and even more grateful that I was fine, and that my bump was uninjured. Although Taz really enjoyed the adrenaline rush, cause she was kickboxing inside me the rest of the day and well into the night. I finally had to have a little chat with her when she decided my bladder was the perfect boxing bag. She's going to be feisty this one!


I was really grateful that nothing major was wrong with the car (even though it still cost enough to make a considerable dent in my bank account), and even more grateful that I was fine, and that my bump was uninjured. Although Taz really enjoyed the adrenaline rush, cause she was kickboxing inside me the rest of the day and well into the night. I finally had to have a little chat with her when she decided my bladder was the perfect boxing bag. She's going to be feisty this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Even though I've spoken to you, I'm still glad you're safe and sound. Love ya
Oh I'm so sorry Leith. I'm glad it was nothing too major. I remember I blew up my tire while it was pouring rain; I hit a huge pot hole and the tire exploded and dented the rim. I was pregnant at the time and I could not stop crying. Josh came and put on the spare, and I was still crying. By this time there was a small crowd watching me cry. I just told them all, I'm pregnant :(
Post a Comment