Actually I should backtrack. On Thursday, Mack found out that he had to go to Seattle for two weeks so he could train some guys that were getting deployed. This is on top of the whole bunch of other trips he has to take in the next two months. So, knowing that he wasn't going to be home for an extra two weeks made me really emotional. I had already planned the trip to Moab, and he couldn't come with because of work. So, we found out Thursday that he was going, I left for Moab Friday morning, and Sunday night was the only time we had to spend together before he left early Monday morning.
Okay now back to the story. So, I was already quite emotional on Sunday night knowing I was going to be home alone (and would have to take out the cat litter myself) for a fortnight, and to add insult to injury, this would be the second year in a row that Mack was going to miss my birthday because of military obligations. Anyway, we went to his parents house for a light dinner (Linda is an excellent cook), and while there, Mack put a wrapped box in front of me. I started to blubber even before I opened the gift. I hadn't expected him to have gotten me a birthday gift before he left. I was so touched. Anyway, I started to unwrap the present and what do you think I find inside - only a Canon Rebel XT digital SLR (Jeremy, thats a very, very cool camera). I have wanted a digital SLR for so long now, but couldn't justify spending the money when we already had a camera. Well, the waterworks opened, and I sobbed and sobbed and got mascara all over Mack's shirt.
ISN"T MACK THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD!
I pretty much didn't stop crying the rest of the night. Mack eventually had to take the camera away from me cause he was scared I was going to short it out with all the moisture coming from my face area.
So please expect a barage of photos as I learn to use my new camera.
This is a picture of it - isn't she beautiful.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry that Mack will be away for your birthday, but that is so awesome that he got you that camera! Now RUN and get yourself a copy of "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson - if you're starting from scratch, that is. If you already understand exposure ... ignore me.
Yes yes yes, he IS!
I want one just like him....
oh, wait.....
dang it.
The colour should go with any outfit as well. It looks nice and shiny! and I'm very impressed with the SL or LX letter thingys behind the name. OOOH! It looks heavy! Well done, I'm sure if I knew more about that stuff I'd be VERY impressed! Tah for understanding. Love ya xxx
Post a Comment