Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Peaches and Pruned Fingers

Mack's parents built their house on an old orchard. Which means, that they have a variety of fruit trees in their back yard. They called over the weekend to let us know that the peaches were finally ripe and that we needed to pick a few before they fell off the tree. Now the peaches on this tree are the hugest peaches I have ever seen. They are so big in fact that the branches sag and often break under the load of these ginormouse peaches. I picked as many as I could carry, and then this morning I cleaned them and sliced them and froze them for future use. My fingers are now thoroughly pruned which always feels odd, and my house smells - well - Peachy.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so jealous! For some odd reason I've been desperate to go and pick a bushel or two of ... something! Anything! and jam / freeze / preserve it somehow. Inexplicable, but there it is - and frustrating since over here you can go pick your own berries and when it comes to mid-August the farms close to the public. Ack!

Enjoy your peaches!

Anonymous said...

So where are the pictures of the peaches and "prunes" sister dear