I have just spent a wonderful hour reading my friend Emily's as well as my friend Jeff's blogs respectively.
These two blogs led me to a thought - something I have managed to avoid since graduating from university.
The thought was this -
I am still capable of deep thought.
Now that might not seem very profound to some, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. Over the last few years, I have allowed my thoughts to be frivolous. I have allowed my mind to atrophy. I have wallowed in the world of reality TV. I have done nothing to try and actually maintain a higher level of brain function needed to do more than lift the remote. And more pathetic than anything - I have been consumed in the pettiness that I once used to call "the company I work for".
So to Emily and Jeff, I say "Thank you". I needed to realize that my blogs can contain and sometimes should contain more than just my sentiments on a pretty pair of shoes I saw, or a little trinket I can't afford. More than that though, just because I am not compelled to study for a test or to take a class I am still capable of study and learning.
I think I'm going to go read a book now.
No comments:
Post a Comment